Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Favorite Place...in 14 days!



Only 14 days and it will be Sunday night...the first night at the cottage. The place my family has gone to for the last 33 years. We have rented the same cabin, at the same resort, with two other families. It is my favorite week of the year. It is the place that holds a very VERY special place in my heart...not just the place -
but the people.
The memories.

So in 14 days I will drive up this road and unpack an enormous amount of luggage and gear. We will smash in a cabin that was tight holding the original five ...but now holds 3 full families. But isn't that what family is.

Yes, I realize that the time is probably coming when I need to let it go and find my own family vacation...but for now. It is this week. THIS WEEK! That I anticipate (and now my son anticipates). My husband...doesn't quite see the beauty in the rustic cabin but yet he too seems to find a day or two to show up and do everything I do in the week in 24 hours.

And the people. I haven't missed a year in 33 years. Others have missed and ARE MISSED when they aren't there. But there is always next year!

14 days! Not to rush summer along...because when I was teaching - it was after the cottage that I went back into school. The end of summer near.

14. days. 14. days.

Race you to the end of the dock!

3 comments:

Raina and Andy said...

HAHAHA! (laughing at the picture at the end!). Ditto to everything you just wrote! Raina

Colleen said...

I am going to miss you guys! Definetly next year for me! Great that I got this new job....bad that it comes with no vacation for the first year...boo! I am jealous of all of you!!!!!!!!!

Meg said...

I know exactly how you feel... going to the cabin is THE BEST. It is my favorite place! Do I get props for being one of your first followers??? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails