Monday, January 5, 2009

Tribute to my "cousin-in-law"




This Christmas I asked for a recipe for some amazing and beautiful cut out cookies. They are well known and desired by all my "cousin - in - law's" friends and family. They are my mom's favorite holiday treat. She shared the recipe she has mastered and has been making for 6 years. I decided to give them a try. I did well on the cut out part but respect needs to be given to Kim in great amounts to the icing part. Her cookies could be considered professional....my first experience glazing - What a disaster. Ed walked in during my first try at glazing them and told me "maybe you should go slower." My response was a death glare. I am not a slow project person. They tasted good but the glazing could have been better and the glaze faded for some reason after putting them in the fridge for a few days. I will try them again this Valentine's day. But communicating with a cousin who I don't normally talk to all but once or twice a year was fun. Thanks Kim and I will let you know how the next batch turns out.

1 comment:

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

Fun! I want the recipe for Valentines Day Cookies too!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails