Sunday, January 4, 2009

Henry is now 1.

All week I have been busy prepping for the big birthday weekend. Yesterday was the party and I will post about that soon. But today I am enjoying a cozy day in my pj's with my boys. Ed let me sleep in. We said goodbye to Uncle Mike, Aunt Becca and Grandpa Ed and Grandma Charlie. We are all in our pj's actually, accept the birthday boy. Most days he is in his pjs all day. It is just more cozy this time of year.

This year has flown by. I can't believe that 365 days ago I woke up at 5am wondering if what I was feeling was "IT". I waited until Ed got out of the shower (it was a work day) before I said anything. Of course he chose that day to sleep in a little. Once he was out it was 7:00 and I knew that this was it. Henry was about a week late and we had been waiting anxiously to see when he would join our world (although we didn't know he was a he). We called our good friend Molly and she and McKenna headed over. They arrived around 8 and by 8:30 we were heading to the hospital. I think I was already dilated to a 6 and things progressed so quickly the doctor came over thinking I would have it within the hour of arrival...NATURALLY -totally not the plan. However, things slowed down enough that I did get an epidural, however, the doctor stayed in the room because I progressed 1cm every 10 minutes and by 10:55 he was born. We had been in the hospital for less than 2 hours. Though I swore to Ed during the delivery never to let me do this again, I now have this fear that we are done. I am not sure if I am done. So we will relax and wait and see what the next year or two bring. This year has flown by much quicker than Charley's first year. I thought it would go slower since I am home every day with them but it just seems that having Charley and Henry to keep us busy it went so much faster. He has yet to be sick, he is starting to walk, he still loves to nurse (which we will wean slowly now), he devours spaghetti or any carbohydrate. He still chuckles and points at all that amazes him. He hasn't spoken any words but he can sign more. Henry watches his big brother fascinated by his every move. And his brother is easily amazed at his new stunts of standing alone, walking, and new noises. Charley constantly interprets what Henry is saying.

I honestly can't believe that it was a year ago that we were waiting patiently for the arrival of number 2 and that time has passed and now he is a person who has blessed our life with smiles, cuddles, laughter, sleepless nights, and so much more. I can't wait to see what this next year brings to the experience of parenting two busy boys. We have been blessed with two healthy, spunky, blond boys who surprise us daily and amaze us each moment we experience with them. Happy Birthday Henry. You are loved by many - especially by your kooky mama who loved having you to herself for the first 9 months of your life as you grew in her belly and has gladly shared you with all the rest of our family and friends this first year. Be happy baby boy!

1 comment:

Junebug said...

Happy Birthday, Henry!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails