Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Charley's first day of preschool



This afternoon Charley ventured to his first afternoon at preschool. He packed up his backpack, grabbed the flowers and chocolate for his teacher, and hopped in the car. Ed and I didn't know what to expect...would he cry, cling, or go off and wave good-bye. We raised him ready to love school because he gave us each a hug and headed down the hallway ahead of the pack (you will see in the picture). I would of course love to be a fly on the wall and see how it all goes...but I know my boy will tell me all about it in his own time. Daddy came home to tag along and he looked very proud of his oldest son. A friend said, if they leave without tears it is a good thing. It means we have raised him to be strong enough for new experiences. A big day for our family .... and now it is time to relish the quiet as Henry sleeps. I can only imagine what Charley is doing with his classmates. His world has just expanded a whole bunch this afternoon.

2 comments:

Sarah, Steve, Braden and Olivia said...

Congratulations Charley! It looks like you were all ready for your first day of school. I can't wait to hear about it from your mama.

Lynelle said...

I love the blog Sarah. Looks like Charley had a great first day. Elly loved it. She can't wait until Thursday when the parents are gone. She was excited that this is her school and Emma isn't there at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails